Monday, December 7, 2009

RJA #13b: Annotated Bibliography, Part 1

Walker, Alice, and Pratibha Parmar. Warrior Marks. Orlando: Harcourt Barce & Company, 1993. Print.
This is an account of a woman’s life that underwent Female Genital Mutilation. I used quotes from this book but was not a good source for straight facts. Was more so a journal then anything else. I thought it would be good to use for quotes on how an experience was for that certain female. I did not use this book too much though.

Rahman, Anika, and Nahid Toubia. Female Genital Mutilation: A guide to laws and policies worldwide. London and New York: Zed Books, 1988. Print.
This is also a book that I actually found very useful. Gave a lot of facts on FGM. Was good because it didn’t see to biased. Showed both pros and cons to FGM. I actually used this book quite frequently in my Essay. This book gave a lot of fact on countries where FGM is practiced.


Female genital mutilation." World Health Organization. WHO Media centre, May 2008. Web. Nov. 2009. .
This is a website that I used. The people of who are directly influenced by those of FGM. This gave straight facts as well. A lot of other sources that I used quoted the WHO. I would definitely use this source again.

"Torture." Def. 1a. Websters Third New International Dictionary. 1961. Print.
I just need to use the dictionary to define torture. The dictionary is especially useful when you don’t know a certain word. Gives you the straight forward answer without opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment