Monday, September 21, 2009

RJA #3c

RJA #3c: Research Question:
  • What are the health side-effects when undergoing Female Genital Mutilation?
  • How many women go through FGM a year?
  • Why is FGM such a controversial subject?
  • Is FGM performed because of religious issues?
  • What Countries is FGM performed?
  • Is a licensed doctor performing this practice?
  • What are some emotional issues that happen after a women gets genitally mutilated?
  • Who started FGM?
  • Are their any pros to FGM?
  • Are women looked down upon if they don't go through this procedure?

2 comments:

  1. I am not really sure which question you chose but I like the first one!I have heard of this before but I do not know a lot about it, I would personally like to know what the side effects are and why it is done. Some of the other bold questions can be sub-topics in the big picture of FGM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually isn't clear as to which research question you chose to go with, but regardless all of your questions listed here seem relevant. For me, I had a similar situation..I had a lot of good questions that couldn't really be fit into one...so I did my best to word and compile everything so it would contain more than one. Just a suggestion if that helps. :)

    It's also a very interesting topic, which is why I chose to respond to yours. As I told someone else, just keep the 'arguement' factor in mind. What is it that you are arguing exactly?

    This is going to be a great paper though. You already have a lot of really good information, and I think you could really help shed some light on this situation.

    ReplyDelete